Are you looking for a family dentist near you, or perhaps a cosmetic dentist? What about a restorative dentist, pediatric dentist or orthodontist? A general dentist combines the skills of various aspects of professional dentistry to deliver the best results possible for the health of your entire family?
Meet Your Friendly General Dentist in Austin, TX!
As your general dentist in Austin, TX Dr. Cynthia L. Graves and her team are proud to offer the best in quality dental services to help patients enjoy a lifetime of optimal oral health. Your regular visit to the dentist allows us to help you maintain good oral hygiene and aid in the prevention and early detection of serious oral health issues, including gum disease, tooth decay and oral cancer.
What Is General Dentistry?
General dentists function much like your primary healthcare provider to care for your overall oral health and perform the diagnosis, treatment and management of dental services that are tailored around your dental needs. By practicing gentle preventive dentistry, our dental team is able to treat small dental issues before they become more complex or difficult to treat.
Services At Your General Dentist
Our dental services include a wide range of preventive and restorative options that can be performed in the dentist’s office and are designed for patients of all ages.
- Digital x-rays: Dental imaging is one of the only ways to create an accurate assessment of your dental health and analyze the teeth, joints, bone and soft tissues in the mouth. Unlike traditional dental film, dental X-rays “develop” in seconds and reduce radiation exposure of traditional film by up to 90%.
- Dental fillings: Whether you have a cavity, toothache or simply want a headstart on protecting your oral health, dental fillings are an excellent way to create a cavity-fighting barrier on the teeth to reduce risks of tooth decay, cavities or the need for root canal therapy.
- Fixed and removable dental bridges:
Have you lost one or more teeth? After tooth loss, your mouth undergoes significant changes that can be detrimental to your dental health. A dental bridge can be an effective, natural looking method to replace missing teeth and return the function of your smile.
- Inlays and onlays: Dental inlays and onlays are useful in restorative and preventive dentistry to replace worn or broken fillings and protect the surface of the teeth. A dental inlay focuses on restoring the inside cusp tips (top edges) of the tooth, while a dental onlay is used to extend over the cusps of the treated tooth.
- Oral cancer screenings: Oral and throat cancer may be more prevalent than you may think, yet many patients don’t know they have it until they are professionally diagnosed. At Cynthia L. Graves, DDS, we take a proactive step by offering oral cancer screenings delivered by our caring and dedicated staff.
- Dental Sealants: Have you ever wondered why your child still gets small cavities, even after brushing and flossing twice a day? Dental sealants are highly useful in preventive and pediatric dentistry by coating the back teeth in a strong protective resin that blocks the difficult-to-reach spaces in the teeth commonly known to foster cavities and decay.
- Tooth Extractions: Tooth extractions are a last resort for your dentist. When a tooth cannot be saved or a there are too many teeth in in the mouth for the jaw to support, tooth extraction may be necessary to support your oral health and comfort. Ask your dentist if you have any questions about restorative dentistry or want to consider sedation dentistry to aid in your comfort and relaxation.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: Is it time to complete a dental rite of passage with wisdom tooth removal? Carefully removing wisdom teeth can prevent many dental health related issues, such as a crowded bite, misaligned smile or shifting teeth out of their proper orthodontic alignment.
- TMD/TMJ Therapy: Do you have jaw pain, headaches or neck pain that you can’t explain? You may have an issue with your temporomandibular joint, or TMJ. This painful and chronic joint disorder is a daily burden for many patients until they receive quality TMJ therapy in Austin.
Your General Dentist in Austin, TX!
At Cynthia L. Graves, DDS, we work hard to form long-term, trust-based relationships with you by getting to know your lifestyle as well as your oral-health history and goals. We then implement and oversee a personalized dental treatment plan that helps you meet those goals. Most dental treatment plans employ a variety of our general dentistry services as needed.
Enjoy Great Service
Are you a new patient, or looking for hassle-free dental care for the family? Our team is eager to show you that nothing is more important than your dental visit, and helping you celebrate your smile. Discover our services today or give us a call to find out how we may best serve you.